Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Leash-Training Delayed


In my last post, I promised I would share some of my leash-training experiences with you. Just when I was beginning to get wrapped up in my lessons, Miss Barb decided to go to Myrtle Beach to visit her brother and his Family.

I was disappointed that I couldn't go with her, but she explained that it would be too hot for me because the air conditioning is on the fritz in her car. I wanted to go soooo bad so I could meet two new doggie friends at the place where she was going. Hope she takes pictures of them so I can share them here on my blog. They are both boy dogs and their names are Dodger and Ruger. They are both older than me, so I imagine they wouldn't appreciate my eagerness to jump and play! It's just the way some senior citizens are!

Before Miss Barb left on her trip, I was able to get her to walk next to me on the leash. Sometimes when I tugged a bit too hard, she would just stop in her tracks and wouldn't move until I accepted a treat so we could continue on our way. Sometimes, she can be very, very stubborn!

I'm anxious for her to get back from her trip so we can continue our lessons. I hope she hasn't forgotten everything that I have taught her so far!

Slobbery, puppy kisses,

No comments:

Post a Comment