Sunday, September 5, 2010

Evening Walk

Almost every evening after we have dinner, I get to go for a long walk with my best friend, Hunter. He's a big, lovable Doberman and we romp and play all along the way.

He has a big mouth with reeeeeally big teeth, but he's very gentle. He's four years old, but sometimes he acts like such a big baby! Maybe I'll have a picture of him some time soon so you can see just how big he is!

Mister Earl and Miss Barb took me for a walk last evening and I was disappointed that Hunter couldn't go. But I made double-dog sure that I didn't let the two of them get out of my sight because I didn't want them to get lost, you know. I wanted to run, but they just puttered along like two old fogies. I'll be glad when Hunter can go again!


I always came back when they called my name. After all, I didn't want them to be scared!


It was getting late by the time we got back to the house and the sky was turning such a pretty shade of pink. Before we went inside, Miss Barb and I walked across the yard to the flower garden where Dixie is buried. The little Guardian Angel holds a lantern to show us the way.

I can tell that Miss Barb still misses Dixie very much, so that's why I try to be extra good, so she won't be sad. But sometimes I forget and then I get into trouble... like when I chew the branches on Miss Barb's Lilac bush or dig holes in the yard! It's not a good idea to snack on her best ink pen either!



Good Night Dixie. Love and kisses from
...and from Hunter, your old buddy, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment