Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Big Bird

I wanna tell you, I had a hair-raising experience today!

There I was... taking a little snooze in the cool grass under the shady Maple tree in the front lawn... minding my own business... when this noisy, ugly bird swooped in from who-knows-where and scared the living beejeebees out of my poor boxer biscuits! Yep... ugly... ugly... ugggggly!


It was even carrying it's lunch bag on a long rope and I wasn't going to stick around to see if I was going to be a part of the menu, so I high-tailed it for the deck and hid under the swing.



Good Golly, Miss Molly... that sure was a close call! I don't think I'll ever be the same again!

I can't believe Miss Barb was so calm about it all. She took pictures and said that the bird's name was Helicopter and the bag was filled with seismic testing equipment which Helicopter was dropping in areas that couldn't be reached by vehicles. The seismic testing shows where natural gas is under the earth.

Guess Helicopter is a really smart and popular bird... but he's still ugly in my simple puppy mind. I hope he doesn't come back so I don't have to hide under the swing again.

Slobbery, puppy kisses,

No comments:

Post a Comment